Leading Associations’ services are thoughtfully designed, expertly delivered and offer a leading edge customer experience.
Leading Associations Clients and Services
- Professional and Trade Associations
- Charitable Non-Profits and Foundations
- Special Districts and Quasi-Governmental Organizations
All Things Leadership
- Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Board Training and Development (Building a World Class Board)
- Executive Training and Development
- Governance Audits and Enhancements
- Conflict Management
- Leadership/Meeting Facilitation
- Interim Executive Director Services
- Market Research
- Membership Surveys
- Executive Search
- Comprehensive Association Management
Why Work With Leading Associations?
At Leading Associations, we pride ourselves on giving your organization a proven system to overcome any individual, cultural, structural or strategic challenges your organization encounters.
People and process challenges are the source of virtually all organizational difficulties. Whether it’s addressing a difficult board member, factionalism, a problematic governance structure, staffing challenges or a need to focus high-level and long-term, we can help.
Do you know an organization seeking guidance to achieve its potential?
We help your organization operate at a higher level by:
- Expertly guiding you through a Strategic Planning process
- Building a future-focused board
- Clarifying board/staff roles and responsibilities
- Building a culture of strategic leadership
- Assuring follow-up and follow-through with disciplined execution of measurable outcomes
- Changing mindsets from simply “showing up” to “making a difference”
World-Class boards engage in self-development and continuous improvement. We help boards:
- Introduce best practices
- Clarify roles and responsibilities
- Improve service quality
- Define fiduciary roles
- Establish a future-focused culture
- Build systems for continuous improvement
Organizational performance is driven by optimized systems. We help you build operational excellence through:
- Optimized governance systems
- Building [bench strength]
- Aligning strategy with operations
- Risk management, legal and asset protection
- Performance management and oversight
- Organizational assessment and alignment
Establish an Aspirational Culture
Go from Average, Challenged or Dysfunctional to Thriving
We understand the challenges organizations face and help guide leaders toward higher function and satisfaction.
Culture is the thousands of ways we interact. Sometimes this is by design and mutual consent and sometimes there are unspoken rules or expectations.
We help organizations that:
- Do not have the internal expertise to effectively move past an organizational challenge
- Are too close to the challenge and need fresh perspective
- Are experiencing conflict that cannot be resolved in-house and requires an objective, experienced third-party to mediate
- Lack the unity needed to achieve the organization’s goals
We help organizations to:
- Navigate complex situations
- Co-create a unified purpose
- Develop a powerful boardstaff relationship
- Establish expectations and communication norms
- Enhance board member satisfaction
- Purposefully create a culture of trust
- Self-Assess—focusing on strengths and areas for improvement
As a CEO who was in the middle of Board of Directors change, Rob and his team were super helpful... read moreDuke R.11/14/2020
Rob and Jeff were extremely professional and helpful while helping our firm transition. We came away from meeting with... read moreRyan M.10/14/2020
Good facilitation with a tough group. Sponsored some pretty deep and intense conversationDoug S.10/14/2020
Leading Associations was and continues to be a true gift to our organization. When we first hired them we... read moreSonja C.10/14/2020
Our non-profit worked with Jeff Arnold and Leading Associates to better understand our Board’s role in the current organizational life... read moreJosh W.6/14/2020
great presentation for Homes Of Living Hope. Very informative and well done. Thanks!Scott K.6/14/2020
Rob and Jeff provided immeasurable help to our Board of Directors. Their presentation was clear, concise, and specifically tailored... read moreDion W.6/14/2020
Fantastic facilitators. They walked our committee through the qualities of a well functioning, positive and productive group and then... read moreKelsey M.6/14/2020
Great experience with Leading Associations - Rob and Jeff put together a custom designed program that they presented to... read moreT S.6/14/2020
Jeff & Rob are wonderful partners to work with. Their presentation was dynamic and interesting. We look forward to working... read moreAnnie O.6/14/2020
Great program, informational and interesting.Helen P.6/14/2020
Rob & Jeff's Boot Camp is just the boost nonprofits need to foster authentic partnerships with board members.Barbara P.6/14/2020
The Leading Associations workshop was presented in a fun, hands on way that made the information fun to learn. ... read moreGranby P.6/14/2020
Jeff did an amazing job of helping our board do the significant work toward creating an updated strategic plan in... read moreKaren M.6/14/2020
Leading worked with our board to help us define opportunities to improve, and set goals against those for 2020. ... read moreJulie S.6/14/2020
I liked it a lot, it was very clear, I really liked the unit 6 Building a World Class... read moreMilena Q.6/14/2020
Session was well organized and executed. Would go through again and again with new Boards.Jennifer T.6/14/2020
My non-profit org used Leading Associations for a strategic plan three years ago. It was valuable on two fronts. First,... read moreJulie S.6/14/2020
Rob and Jeff with Leading Associations gave a very informative and enjoyable presentation on Building a World Class Board to... read moreTara D.6/14/2020
We asked Leading Associations to meet with our Realtor Association to give us ideas on how to improve our governing... read moreDorothy S.6/14/2020
Great class, great information to direct you into the leadership role. Really enjoyed every topic presented. I recommend... read moreThe N.6/14/2019
Check out Leading Associations...an excellent organization that works with associations and boards to help them communicate, grow and thrive.Carolyn K.6/14/2019
Leading Associations is the first call on my list when I need trusted advice. They bring real-world expertise and... read moreTim B.6/14/2019
Our Board of Directors worked with Leading Associations nearly a year ago. The team did a wonderful job of getting... read moreKendra F.6/14/2019
Leading Associations has been super helpful to our non-profit organization by helping us to resolve some major problems, and also... read moreRobin S.6/14/2019
I've known Rob and Jeff for many years. They have been a constant source of strategic guidance and leadership knowledge... read moreDeborah R.6/14/2019
I attended the World-Class Board workshop two years in a row. Wow! There was SO much I didn't know. I... read moreKathe P.6/14/2019
Leading Associations has done many projects for my association - member needs surveys, board training, a complete bylaws revision, and... read moreKaren N.6/14/2019
Take the 5-Minute Board Self-Evaluation and Unleash the Potential of Your Board
Boards of Directors benefit by examining the effectiveness of their team, yet often lack the expertise to do so independently. The Board Health Assessment provides objective insights into organizational strengths and challenge areas, as well as how the organization compares to established standards.
Additional takeaways include:
- Better understand who they are and why certain challenges resurface over time.
- Gain insights into your boards’ dynamics and effectiveness.
- Better understand best practices of high performing boards.
Click the link below to get your complimentary Board Health Test. Unleash the potential of your Board of Directors, today!!